Bass player and bandleader Christian McBride is offen reffered to as one of today’s most influential bassists. Till his forties, he was a guest star on almost 300 albums and worked with biggest names in jazz, from Freddie Hubbard and Herbie Hancock to Pat Metheny and Diana Krall.
Besides jazz, this multiple Grammy Award winner switched to popular genres recording with names like late James Brown, The Roots, Queen Latifah, Bruce Hornsby or Sting.
His last year’s release called Conversations with Christian gave the duet form a complete new dimension by recording a unique album with 13 outstanding artists among whom are Dee Dee Bridgewater, Chick Corea, Regina Carter, Roy Hargrove, Angelique Kidjo, Hank Jones and Sting. Here you can take a look at the opening track Consider Me Gone.
- Consider Me Gone (feat. Sting)
- Tango Improvisation #1 (feat. Chick Corea)
- Spiritual (feat. Dr. Billy Taylor)
- It’s Your Thing (feat. Dee Dee Bridgewater)
- Fat Bach and Greens (feat. Regina Carter)
- Afirika (feat. Angelique Kidjo)
- Baubles, Bangles and Beads (feat. Roy Hargrove)
- Alone Together (feat. Hank Jones)
- Shake and Blake (feat. Ron Blake)
- McDukey Blues (feat. George Duke)
- Sister Rosa (feat. Russell Malone)
- Chitlins and Gifltefish (feat. Gina Gershon)
- Guajeo y Tumbao (feat. Eddie Palmieri)